What is WordPress?
Article writing is a huge part of the online industry. You will come across many article writing jobs while browsing the projects on the freelance sites. Blog writing is a small part of article writing as a whole. WordPress is an easy and powerful way to start blogging. And the good news is that it is absolutely free. WordPress started as a blogging tool and has emerged in to a content management tool used by millions of websites the world around. It is an open source blog publishing application powered by PHP and MySQL. WordPress is a very useful tool for customized web content creation. There are other blogging platforms, but nothing that comes close to WordPress. WordPress is very popular for its easy installation. Let’s get a gist of how it is installed and used.
Installing a WordPress is quite simple and hardly takes any time at all. Before you get set to install WordPress you need to have the following things ready:
- Access to your web server
- A text editor
- An FTP client and
- A web browser of your choice.
Kick start your installation process with the following steps:
- Check to ensure that you and your web host have the minimum requirements to run WordPress.
- Download the latest release of WordPress.
- Unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your hard drive
- Be prepared with a secure password for your Secret Key.
WordPress also has its famous five minute installation process which goes as under:
1. Begin by downloading the WordPress package that you require and unzip if it is compressed.
2. Create a database for WordPress on your web server along with a MySQL user who should have all privileges for accessing and modifying it.
3. Now, wp-config.php will be the renamed in the name of the old file wp-conf-sample.php.
4. Using text editor, open the file wp-config.php and then fill in details about the database to generate and use your secret key password.
5. Place the WordPress files in the required location on your web server.
If you want to combine WordPress within the root of your domain, then you should either move or upload the WordPress directory that is in its unzipped state straight into the root directory of your web server.
If you wish to store the WordPress installation in a sub directory of its own on your page, change the name of the directory WordPress and give it a suitable name within the sub directory so that you can move or upload it to your web server.
6. The WordPress installation script that you downloaded by accessing the wp- admin/install.php is then run in a web browser.
Posting Content to WordPress
WordPress has an automatic posting tool that can generate contents from other sources. Not only can you populate content on the blogs, but with these auto-blogging software tools you can start a blog on any subject you want to without even having adequate knowledge of the subject.
So for those that want to get started using a WordPress automatic content plug in, here are the steps you need to take:
- Decide on the niche that you want to create a website
- Do the keyword research to find 10-20 really good keywords to build around
- Purchase a domain name that is keyword relevant
- Purchase the WordPress auto content plug in tool
- Plug in your relevant keyword list
- Monetize your blog with affiliate programs
- Hit the Go button.
So get started with WordPress and happy blogging!